Monday, May 24, 2010

Damned Dirty Ape

There are no words for the sorrow I feel at having to say goodbye to two of the finest television programs I have ever known. On the other hand, I do have words for the profound relief of finally being released from the bondage of two terribly addictive television dramas. Good riddance, LOST and 24. Now I can finally do something productive with my life. Go join your buddies – The Wire, The Sopranos, OZ, The Shield and Reading Rainbow – and have a nice rowdy wrap party. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

Television, take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape. I’m going to go paint a picture, write a play and learn a foreign language.

P.S. I didn't mean that. I miss you so much it hurts. And I have zero interest in writing plays.

No comments: